Recreational craft and personal watercraft
Scope of national rule
The provisions of the Ordinance apply to boats and yachts registered in the Croatian Register of Vessels, and to all boats, yachts sailing in the internal waters and territorial sea of the Republic of Croatia, and to all boats sailing in the waters of the Republic of Croatia, when explicitly prescribed by the provisions Ordinance.
The provisions of the Ordinance relating to the prevention of pollution of the sea and marine environment, and inland waters, apply to all boats and yachts sailing in inland waters, territorial sea and protected ecological-fishing zone and inland waters of the Republic of Croatia.
The provisions of the Ordinance do not apply to large passenger yachts as defined by the Maritime Code
Main requirements that the business user needs to know about
The provisions of the Ordinance regulate the conditions for navigation, placing on the market and/or use of recreational vessels, navigation areas, conditions and supervision over the construction of boats and yachts, determining the ability to sail boats and yachts, boats and yacht documents, and supervision over the implementation of the provisions of the Ordinance.
The Ordinance also prescribes technical requirements for the purpose of determining the ability of a boat and yacht navigation in connection with:
- the safety of human lives, boats or yachts and property,
- prevention of pollution of the marine environment and inland waters by oil, harmful substances, wastewater and garbage,
- protection of the marine environment and inland waters from the harmful effects of the anti-fouling system,
- safety at work, accommodation of crew and passengers,
- by preventing air pollution,
- conditions for passenger transport,
- the safety of the load handling device.
Market Surveillance Authority
Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrasturcture